2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 338.1
- There are 4 ICD-9-CM codes below 338.1 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- Intensely discomforting, distressful, or agonizing sensation associated with trauma or disease, with well-defined location, character, and timing
- Pain that comes on quickly, can be severe, but lasts a relatively short time
- Physical suffering or distress; to hurt
- Severe pain of limited duration
- Unpleasant sensory and emotional experience arising from actual or potential tissue damage or described in terms of such damage (international association for the study of pain); sudden or slow onset of any intensity from mild to severe with an anticipated or predictable end and a duration of less than 6 months