2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 335.23
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- ICD-9-CM 335.23 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 335.23 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM G12.8 Other spinal muscular atrophies and related syndromes
- A syndrome characterized by dysarthria, dysphagia, dysphonia, impairment of voluntary movements of tongue and facial muscles, and emotional lability. This condition is caused by diseases that affect the motor fibers that travel from the cerebral cortex to the lower brain stem (i.e., corticobulbar tracts); including multiple sclerosis; motor neuron disease; and cerebrovascular disorders. (from Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p489)