2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 301.6
Dependent personality disorder
- ICD-9-CM 301.6 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 301.6 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Inadequate social skills
- Inadequate social skills, not elsewhere classified
- A disorder characterized by an enduring pattern of an extreme need to be taken care of together with fear of separation that lead the individual to urgently seek out and submit to another person and allow that person to make decisions that impact all areas of the individual's life
- A personality disorder characterized by a pervasive and excessive need to be taken care of that leads to submissive and clinging behavior and fears of separation, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts. (from dsm-iv, 1994)
- Inadequate responses to physical, social, and emotional demands; general ineptness and instability, despite absence of actual physical or mental deficit
- Personality disorder characterized by pervasive patterns of dependent, passive, and submissive behavior
- Asthenic personality
- Inadequate personality
- Passive personality
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM F60.7 Dependent personality disorder