2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 288.5
Decreased white blood cell count
- There are 3 ICD-9-CM codes below 288.5 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- A condition in which there is a lower-than-normal number of leukocytes (white blood cells) in the blood
- A finding based on laboratory test results that indicate an decrease in number of white blood cells in a blood specimen
- A laboratory test result indicating a decreased number of white blood cells in the peripheral blood
- An abnormally low white blood cell count
- Reduction in the number of leukocytes in the blood, the count being 5000 per cubic millimeter or less