2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 272
Disorders of lipoid metabolism
- There are 10 ICD-9-CM codes below 272 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- An inherited metabolic disorder that affects the metabolism of the lipids. Representative examples include gaucher disease, tay-sachs disease, and niemann-pick disease
- Condition in which there is a deviation or interruption in the processing of lipids in the body: synthesis, absorption, transport, storage, and utilization
- Pathological conditions resulting from abnormal anabolism or catabolism of lipids in the body
- localized cerebral lipidoses (330.1)