2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 252.1
- ICD-9-CM 252.1 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 252.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Idiopathic hypoparathyroidism
- Postoperative hypoparathyroidism
- Post-surgical hypoparathyroidism
- Tetanic cataract
- A condition caused by a deficiency of parathyroid hormone (or pth). It is characterized by hypocalcemia and hyperphosphatemia. Hypocalcemia leads to tetany. The acquired form is due to removal or injuries to the parathyroid glands. The congenital form is due to mutations of genes, such as tbx1; (see digeorge syndrome); casr encoding calcium-sensing receptor; or pth encoding parathyroid hormone
- A disorder characterized by a decrease in production of parathyroid hormone by the parathyroid glands
- An endocrine disorder characterized by decreased production of parathyroid hormone by the parathyroid glands. It is usually caused by damage of the parathyroid glands during head and neck surgery. Signs and symptoms include muscle cramps, abdominal pain, dry skin, brittle nails, cataracts, tetany, and convulsions
- Condition produced by greatly reduced function of the parathyroids possibly due to autoimmune disease or genetic factors, or by the removal of those bodies; lack of parathyroid hormone leads to a fall in plasma calcium level, which may result in increase neuromuscular excitability and ultimately tetany followed by a rise in plasma phosphate level
- Parathyroiditis (autoimmune)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM E20.9 Hypoparathyroidism, unspecified