2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 205.9
Unspecified myeloid leukemia
- There are 3 ICD-9-CM codes below 205.9 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- A clonal proliferation of myeloid cells and their precursors in the bone marrow, peripheral blood, and spleen. When the proliferating cells are immature myeloid cells and myeloblasts, it is called acute myeloid leukemia. When the proliferating myeloid cells are neutrophils, it is called chronic myelogenous leukemia
- A progressive, proliferative disease of blood cells, originating from immature granulocytes
- Form of leukemia characterized by an uncontrolled proliferation of the myeloid lineage and their precursors (myeloid progenitor cells) in the bone marrow and other sites
- Leukemia characterized by an uncontrolled proliferation of the myeloid lineage and their precursors in the bone marrow and other sites