2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 164.9
Malignant neoplasm of mediastinum, part unspecified
- ICD-9-CM 164.9 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 164.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Cancer of the mediastinum
- Mediastinal cancer
- Primary malignant neoplasm of mediastinum
- A primary or metastatic malignant neoplasm affecting the mediastinum. Representative examples of primary malignant mediastinal neoplasms include malignant germ cell tumors, malignant mesenchymal tumors, lymphomas, and malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors. A representative example of metastatic malignant neoplasm to the mediastinum is the metastatic carcinoma to the mediastinum from another anatomic site
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM C38.3 Malignant neoplasm of mediastinum, part unspecified