2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 153.5
Malignant neoplasm of appendix vermiformis
- ICD-9-CM 153.5 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 153.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Appendiceal cancer
- Cancer of the appendix
- Primary malignant neoplasm of appendix
- A malignant neoplasm arising from the wall of the appendix. Representative examples include carcinomas and lymphomas
- A primary or metastatic malignant neoplasm that affects the appendix. Representative examples include carcinoma and lymphoma
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM C18.1 Malignant neoplasm of appendix