2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 136.5
- ICD-9-CM 136.5 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 136.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Infection of the striated muscle of mammals by parasites of the genus sarcocystis. Disease symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, muscle weakness, and paralysis are produced by sarcocystin, a toxin produced by the organism
- Infection by Sarcocystis lindemanni
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM A07.8 Other specified protozoal intestinal diseases
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 136.5
- Infection, infected, infective (opportunistic) 136.9
- Sarcocystis, lindemanni 136.5
- Sarcosporidiosis 136.5