2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 059.9
Poxvirus infections, unspecified
- ICD-9-CM 059.9 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 059.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Disease due to unassigned Poxviridae
- Poxvirus infection
- Virus diseases caused by the poxviridae; includes diseases such as smallpox, variola, yaba, molluscum contagiosum, monkeypox, cowpox, lumpy skin disease, infectious myxomatosis, infectious ectromelia, mousepox, etc
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM B08.8 Other specified viral infections characterized by skin and mucous membrane lesions
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 059.9
- Infection, infected, infective (opportunistic) 136.9
- poxvirus 059.9