2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 046.3
Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy
- ICD-9-CM 046.3 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 046.3 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Demyelination in various part of the central nervous system, usually secondary to neoplastic disease; jc virus has been recovered from brain tissue
- Multifocal leukoencephalopathy NOS
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM A81.2 Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 046.3
- Leukoencephalopathy (see also Encephalitis) 323.9
- multifocal (progressive) 046.3
- progressive multifocal 046.3