2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E979.8
Terrorism involving other means
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- Short description: Terrorism, NEC/NOS.
- ICD-9-CM E979.8 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E979.8 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E979.8 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
- You are viewing the 2014 version of ICD-9-CM E979.8.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E979.8: 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM Y38.892A Terrorism involving other means, civilian injured, initial encounter
- Drowning and submersion
- Piercing or stabbing instruments
- Terrorism NOS