2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E979.5
Terrorism involving nuclear weapons
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- Short description: Terrorism, nuc weapons.
- ICD-9-CM E979.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E979.5 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E979.5 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
- You are viewing the 2014 version of ICD-9-CM E979.5.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E979.5: 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM Y38.5X2A Terrorism involving nuclear weapons, civilian injured, initial encounter
- Blast effects
- Exposure to ionizing radiation from nuclear weapon
- Fireball effects
- Heat from nuclear weapon
- Other direct and secondary effects of nuclear weapons