2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E978
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- Not A Principal Dx
- ICD-9-CM E978 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E978 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- However, E978 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- You are viewing the 2014 version of ICD-9-CM E978.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E978: 2015.
- No ICD-10-CM code(s) convert to ICD-9-CM E978
- All executions performed at the behest of the judiciary or ruling authority [whether permanent or temporary] as:
- asphyxiation by gas
- beheading, decapitation (by guillotine)
- capital punishment
- other specified means