2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E978
- Billable Code
- Not A Principal Dx
- ICD-9-CM E978 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E978 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E978 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- All executions performed at the behest of the judiciary or ruling authority [whether permanent or temporary] as:
- asphyxiation by gas
- beheading, decapitation (by guillotine)
- capital punishment
- other specified means
- No ICD-10-CM code(s) convert to ICD-9-CM E978