2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E970
Injury due to legal intervention by firearms
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- Short description: Legal intervent-firearm.
- ICD-9-CM E970 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E970 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E970 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
- You are viewing the 2014 version of ICD-9-CM E970.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E970: 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM Y35.003A Legal intervention involving unspecified firearm discharge, suspect injured, initial encounter
- Gunshot wound
- Injury by:
- machine gun
- rifle pellet or rubber bullet
- shot NOS