2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E929.5
Late effects of accident due to natural and environmental factors
- Billable Code
- Not A Principal Dx
- Short description: Late eff environment acc.
- ICD-9-CM E929.5 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E929.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E929.5 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- Late effects of accidents classifiable to E900-E909
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM W92.XXXS Exposure to excessive heat of man-made origin, sequela
- 2014 ICD-10-CM W99.XXXS Exposure to other man-made environmental factors, sequela
- 2014 ICD-10-CM X39.8XXS Other exposure to forces of nature, sequela