2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E929.3
Late effects of accidental fall
- Billable Code
- Not A Principal Dx
- Short description: Late eff accidental fall.
- ICD-9-CM E929.3 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E929.3 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E929.3 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- Late effects of accidents classifiable to E880-E888
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM W17.89XS Other fall from one level to another, sequela
- 2014 ICD-10-CM W18.00XS Striking against unspecified object with subsequent fall, sequela
- 2014 ICD-10-CM W18.30XS Fall on same level, unspecified, sequela
- 2014 ICD-10-CM W19.XXXS Unspecified fall, sequela