2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E920.8
Accidents caused by other specified cutting and piercing instruments or objects
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- Short description: Acc-cutting instrum NEC.
- ICD-9-CM E920.8 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E920.8 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E920.8 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
- You are viewing the 2014 version of ICD-9-CM E920.8.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E920.8: 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM W45.8XXA Other foreign body or object entering through skin, initial encounter
- Broken glass
- Edge of stiff paper
- Lathe turnings
- Plant thorn
- Tin can lid