2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E920.8
Accidents caused by other specified cutting and piercing instruments or objects
- Billable Code
- Not A Principal Dx
- Short description: Acc-cutting instrum NEC.
- ICD-9-CM E920.8 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E920.8 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E920.8 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- Broken glass
- Edge of stiff paper
- Lathe turnings
- Plant thorn
- Tin can lid
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM W45.8XXA Other foreign body or object entering through skin, initial encounter