2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E905.7
Poisoning and toxic reactions caused by other plants
- Billable Code
- Not A Principal Dx
- Short description: Poisoning by other plant.
- ICD-9-CM E905.7 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E905.7 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E905.7 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- puncture wound NOS by plant thorns or spines (E920.8)
- Injection of poisons or toxins into or through skin by plant thorns, spines, or other mechanisms
- No ICD-10-CM code(s) convert to ICD-9-CM E905.7