2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E885.9
Fall from other slipping, tripping, or stumbling
- Billable Code
- Not A Principal Dx
- Short description: Fall from slipping NEC.
- ICD-9-CM E885.9 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E885.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E885.9 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM W18.49XA Other slipping, tripping and stumbling without falling, initial encounter