2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E852.2
Accidental poisoning by bromine compounds
- Billable Code
- Not A Principal Dx
- Short description: Acc poison-bromine cmpnd.
- ICD-9-CM E852.2 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E852.2 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E852.2 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- Carbromal (derivatives)
- No ICD-10-CM code(s) convert to ICD-9-CM E852.2