2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E840.2
Accident to powered aircraft at takeoff or landing injuring crew of commercial aircraft (powered) in surface to surface transport
- Billable Code
- Not A Principal Dx
- Short description: Tk off/land-crew aircrft.
- ICD-9-CM E840.2 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E840.2 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E840.2 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM V95.32XA Forced landing of commercial fixed-wing aircraft injuring occupant, initial encounter