2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E840.0
Accident to powered aircraft at takeoff or landing injuring occupant of spacecraft
- Billable Code
- Not A Principal Dx
- Short description: Tk off/land-spcrft.
- ICD-9-CM E840.0 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E840.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E840.0 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM V95.42XA Forced landing of spacecraft injuring occupant, initial encounter