2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 992.5
Heat exhaustion, unspecified
- Short description: Heat exhaustion NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 992.5 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 992.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- A clinical syndrome caused by heat stress, such as over-exertion in a hot environment or excessive exposure to sun. It is characterized by sweating, water (volume) depletion, salt depletion, cool clammy skin, nausea, and headache.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM T67.5XXA Heat exhaustion, unspecified, initial encounter