2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 985.9
Toxic effect of unspecified metal
- Short description: Toxic effect metal NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 985.9 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 985.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Accidental poisoning by metal
- Heavy metal food poisoning
- Heavy-metal-induced tubulointerstitial nephritis
- Metal fever
- Molybdenum poisoning
- Spelters' fever
- Toxic effect of metal
- Welders ague
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM T56.91XA Toxic effect of unspecified metal, accidental (unintentional), initial encounter
- 2014 ICD-10-CM T56.92XA Toxic effect of unspecified metal, intentional self-harm, initial encounter
- 2014 ICD-10-CM T56.93XA Toxic effect of unspecified metal, assault, initial encounter
- 2014 ICD-10-CM T56.94XA Toxic effect of unspecified metal, undetermined, initial encounter