2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 980.9
Toxic effect of unspecified alcohol
- Short description: Toxic effect alcohol NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 980.9 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 980.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Alcohol poisoning (unknown chemical type of alcohol)
- Ethanol poisoning
- Toxic effect of alcohol
- Toxic effect of ethyl alcohol
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM T51.91XA Toxic effect of unspecified alcohol, accidental (unintentional), initial encounter
- 2014 ICD-10-CM T51.92XA Toxic effect of unspecified alcohol, intentional self-harm, initial encounter
- 2014 ICD-10-CM T51.93XA Toxic effect of unspecified alcohol, assault, initial encounter
- 2014 ICD-10-CM T51.94XA Toxic effect of unspecified alcohol, undetermined, initial encounter
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 980.9
- Alcohol, alcoholic
- poisoning, accidental (acute) NEC 980.9
- specified type of alcohol - see Table of Drugs and Chemicals