2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 919.6
Superficial foreign body (splinter) of other, multiple, and unspecified sites, without major open wound and without mention of infection
- Short description: Superfic foreign bdy NEC.
- ICD-9-CM 919.6 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 919.6 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- On examination - splinter in skin
- Splinter in skin
- Superficial foreign body
- Superficial foreign body without major open wound AND without infection
- Superficial foreign body, without major open wound
- Superficial metal foreign body
- Superficial wood splinter
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM T07 Unspecified multiple injuries
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 919.6
- Foreign body
- superficial, without major open wound (see also Injury, superficial, by site) 919.6