2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 874.2
Open wound of thyroid gland, without mention of complication
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- Short description: Open wound thyroid gland.
- ICD-9-CM 874.2 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 874.2 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2014 version of ICD-9-CM 874.2.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 874.2: 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S11.10XA Unspecified open wound of thyroid gland, initial encounter
- Laceration of thyroid gland
- Open bite of thyroid
- Open bite of thyroid gland
- Open wound of thyroid
- Open wound of thyroid gland
- Puncture wound of thyroid
- Puncture wound of thyroid gland
- Thyroid gland laceration
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 874.2
- Wound, open (by cutting or piercing instrument) (by firearms) (cut) (dissection) (incised) (laceration) (penetration) (perforating) (puncture) (with initial hemorrhage, not internal) 879.8
- parathyroid (gland) 874.2
- thyroid (gland) 874.2