2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 790.94
Euthyroid sick syndrome
- ICD-9-CM 790.94 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 790.94 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Sick euthyroid syndrome
- Sick-euthyroid syndrome
- Conditions of abnormal thyroid hormones release in patients with apparently normal thyroid gland during severe systemic illness, physical trauma, and psychiatric disturbances. It can be caused by the loss of endogenous hypothalamic input or by exogenous drug effects. The most common abnormality results in low t3 thyroid hormone with progressive decrease in thyroxine; (t4) and tsh. Elevated t4 with normal t3 may be seen in diseases in which thyroxine-binding globulin synthesis and release are increased.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM E07.81 Sick-euthyroid syndrome
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 790.94
- Euthyroid sick syndrome 790.94
- Syndrome - see also Disease
- euthyroid sick 790.94