2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 789.5
- There are 2 ICD-9-CM codes below 789.5 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- (ah-sye-teez) abnormal buildup of fluid in the abdomen.
- A disorder characterized by accumulation of serous or hemorrhagic fluid in the peritoneal cavity.
- Abnormal buildup of fluid in the abdomen that may cause swelling. In late-stage cancer, tumor cells may be found in the fluid in the abdomen. Ascites also occurs in patients with liver disease.
- Accumulation of fluid in the peritoneal cavity. The fluid may be serous, hemorrhagic, or the result of tumor metastasis to the peritoneum.
- Accumulation or retention of free fluid within the peritoneal cavity.
- An abnormal accumulation of serous fluid in the abdominal cavity
- Effusion and accumulation of serous fluid in the abdominal cavity.
- Fluid in peritoneal cavity