2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 786.05
Shortness of breath
- ICD-9-CM 786.05 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 786.05 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- A disorder characterized by an uncomfortable sensation of difficulty breathing.
- An uncomfortable sensation of difficulty breathing. It may present as an acute or chronic sign of an underlying respiratory or heart disorder.
- Difficult or labored breathing.
- Difficult, painful breathing or shortness of breath.
- Difficulty in breathing which may or may not have an organic cause.
- Labored or difficult breathing associated with a variety of disorders, indicating inadequate ventilation or low blood oxygen or a subjective experience of breathing discomfort.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM R06.02 Shortness of breath
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 786.05
- shortness 786.05
- Short, shortening, shortness
- breath 786.05