2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 786.04
- Short description: Cheyne-stokes respiratn.
- ICD-9-CM 786.04 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 786.04 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Cheyne Stokes respiration
- An abnormal pattern of breathing characterized by alternating periods of apnea and deep, rapid breathing. The cycle begins with slow, shallow breaths that gradually increase in depth and rate and is then followed by a period of apnea. The period of apnea can last 5 to 30 seconds, then the cycle repeats every 45 seconds to 3 minutes.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM R06.3 Periodic breathing
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 786.04
- Cheyne-Stokes respiration (periodic) 786.04
- Cheyne-Stokes (periodic respiration) 786.04