2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 786.01
- ICD-9-CM 786.01 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 786.01 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- A pulmonary ventilation rate faster than is metabolically necessary for the exchange of gases. It is the result of an increased frequency of breathing, an increased tidal volume, or a combination of both. It causes an excess intake of oxygen and the blowing off of carbon dioxide.
- Abnormally prolonged, rapid, and deep breathing.
- hyperventilation, psychogenic (306.1)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM R06.4 Hyperventilation