2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 784.42
- ICD-9-CM 784.42 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 784.42 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Abductor dysphonia
- Abductor spastic dysphonia
- Adductor spastic dysphonia of conversion reaction
- Adductor spastic dysphonia of organic voice tremor
- Ataxic dysphonia
- Choreic dysphonia
- Chronic hoarseness
- Difficulty speaking
- Dysphonia of organic tremor
- Dysphonia of palatopharyngolaryngeal myoclonus
- Dysphonia, abductor
- Dystonic dysphonia
- Flaccid dysphonia
- Hoarseness, chronic
- Hyperkinetic dysphonia
- Mixed flaccid-spastic pseudobulbar dysphonia
- On examination - dysphonia
- On examination - hoarseness
- Plica dysphonia ventricularis
- Spastic dysphonia
- Spastic pseudobulbar dysphonia
- Ventricular dysphonia
- Voice disorder, dysphonia
- A speech disorder resulting in impaired utterance of sounds by the vocal folds.
- Any speech disorder involving problems of voice quality, pitch, or intensity.
- Difficulty and/or pain in phonation or speaking.
- Trouble with the voice when trying to talk, including hoarseness and change in pitch or quality or voice.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM R49.0 Dysphonia
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 784.42