2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 783.0
- ICD-9-CM 783.0 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 783.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Appetite loss - anorexia
- Loss of appetite
- An abnormal loss of the appetite for food. Anorexia can be caused by cancer, aids, a mental disorder (i.e., anorexia nervosa), or other diseases.
- Clinical manifestation consisting of a physiopathological lack or loss of appetite accompanied by an aversion to food and the inability to eat.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM R63.0 Anorexia
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 783.0
- Anorexia 783.0
- lack or loss (see also Anorexia) 783.0
- Dysorexia 783.0
- Lack of
- appetite (see also Anorexia) 783.0
- appetite 783.0