2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 780.32
Complex febrile convulsions
- Short description: Complx febrile convulsns.
- ICD-9-CM 780.32 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 780.32 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Complex febrile seizure (finding)
- Febrile seizure, complex
- Seizures that occur during a fever; a common condition, affecting 2-5% of children aged 3 months to five years; majority are simple febrile seizures (generally defined as generalized onset, single seizures with a duration of less than 30 minutes); complex febrile seizures are characterized by focal onset, duration greater than 30 minutes, and/or more than one seizure in a 24 hour period.
- status epilepticus (345.3)
- Febrile seizure:
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM R56.01 Complex febrile convulsions