2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 780.03
Persistent vegetative state
- Short description: Persistent vegtv state.
- ICD-9-CM 780.03 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 780.03 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Vegetative state refers to the neurocognitive status of individuals with severe brain damage, in whom physiologic functions (sleep-wake cycles, autonomic control, and breathing) persist, but awareness (including all cognitive function and emotion) is abolished.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM R40.3 Persistent vegetative state