2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 778.7
Breast engorgement in newborn
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- Newborn/Neonate Only Dx (0 years)
- Short description: NB breast engorgement.
- ICD-9-CM 778.7 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 778.7 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2014 version of ICD-9-CM 778.7.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 778.7: 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM P83.4 Breast engorgement of newborn
- Neonatal breast engorgement
- infective mastitis of newborn (771.5)
- Noninfective mastitis of newborn
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 778.7
- Hypertrophy, hypertrophic
- Mastitis (acute) (adolescent) (diffuse) (interstitial) (lobular) (nonpuerperal) (nonsuppurative) (parenchymatous) (phlegmonous) (simple) (subacute) (suppurative) 611.0
- neonatal (noninfective) 778.7