2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 758.9
Conditions due to anomaly of unspecified chromosome
- Short description: Chromosome anomaly NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 758.9 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 758.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- A disorder that results from a chromosomal abnormality.
- Clinical conditions caused by an abnormal chromosome constitution in which there is extra or missing chromosome material (either a whole chromosome or a chromosome segment). (from thompson et al., genetics in medicine, 5th ed, p429)
- Clinical conditions caused by an abnormal chromosome constitution in which there is extra or missing chromosome material, either a whole chromosome or a chromosome segment.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM Q99.9 Chromosomal abnormality, unspecified
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 758.9
- Anomaly, anomalous (congenital) (unspecified type) 759.9
- chromosomes, chromosomal 758.9
- Mosaicism, mosaic (chromosomal) 758.9