2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 744.83
- ICD-9-CM 744.83 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 744.83 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Greatly exaggerated width of the mouth, resulting from failure of union of the maxillary and mandibular processes, with extension of the oral orifice toward the ear. The defect may be unilateral or bilateral. (Dorland, 27th ed)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM Q18.4 Macrostomia
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 744.83
- Macrostomia (congenital) 744.83
- Meloschisis 744.83