2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 728.71
Plantar fascial fibromatosis
- Short description: Plantar fibromatosis.
- ICD-9-CM 728.71 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 728.71 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Fibromatosis of plantar fascia
- Left plantar fasciitis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Right plantar fasciitis
- A superficial fibromatosis arising from soft tissue of the plantar regions. It is characterized by the presence of spindle-shaped fibroblasts, hypercellularity, and an infiltrative growth pattern.
- Contracture of plantar fascia
- Plantar fasciitis (traumatic)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM M72.2 Plantar fascial fibromatosis