2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 717.7
Chondromalacia of patella
- Short description: Chondromalacia patellae.
- ICD-9-CM 717.7 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 717.7 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Chondromalacia of knee
- Chondromalacia of L patella
- Chondromalacia of left patella
- Chondromalacia of left patella (kneecap)
- Chondromalacia of R patella
- Chondromalacia of right knee
- Chondromalacia of right patella
- Chondromalacia of right patella (kneecap)
- Chondromalacia patella
- Chondromalacia patella (kneecap)
- A degeneration of the articular cartilage of the patella, caused by a decrease in sulfated mucopolysaccharides in the ground substance. When accompanied by pain, it is sometimes considered part of or confused with patellofemoral pain syndrome.
- Chondromalacia patellae
- Degeneration [softening] of articular cartilage of patella
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM M22.40 Chondromalacia patellae, unspecified knee