2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 701.2
Acquired acanthosis nigricans
- Short description: Acq acanthosis nigricans.
- ICD-9-CM 701.2 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 701.2 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Acanthosis nigricans
- Acanthosis nigricans, acquired
- Acanthosis nigricans, malignant
- Malignant acanthosis nigricans
- Circumscribed melanosis consisting of a brown pigmented, velvety verrucosity or fine papillomatosis appearing in the axillae and other body folds; occurs in association with endocrine disorders, underlying malignancy, administration of certain drugs, or as in inherited disorder.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM L83 Acanthosis nigricans