2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 611.72
Lump or mass in breast
- ICD-9-CM 611.72 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 611.72 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Breast lump
- Left breast lump
- Lump breast
- Mammographic breast mass
- Mammographic breast mass finding
- Right breast lump
- A mass in the mammary gland, either mobile or immobile. Once the mass has reached the size of a small garden pea, it can be detected by palpation. With mammography a larger number of early breast cancers are being detected since this techniques allows detection prior to the point at which the mass can be felt. Breast masses are not always malignant. Benign fibrocystic breast disease is not uncommon. A fine needle biopsy aspiration can distinguish a cystic mass from a solid one.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM N63 Unspecified lump in breast