2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 579.1
- ICD-9-CM 579.1 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 579.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- A chronic malabsorption syndrome, occurring mainly in residents of or visitors to the tropics or subtropics. The failed intestinal absorption of nutrients from the small intestine results in malnutrition and anemia that is due to folic acid deficiency.
- Chronic malabsorption syndrome occuring mainly in residents of or visitors to the tropics or subtropics; failed intestinal absorption of nutrients results in malnutrition and anemia due to folate deficiency.
- Tropical steatorrhea
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM K90.1 Tropical sprue