2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 553.29
Other ventral hernia without mention of obstruction or gangrene
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- Short description: Ventral hernia NEC.
- ICD-9-CM 553.29 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 553.29 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2014 version of ICD-9-CM 553.29.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 553.29: 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM K43.9 Ventral hernia without obstruction or gangrene
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM K46.9 Unspecified abdominal hernia without obstruction or gangrene
- Epigastric hernia
- Irreducible Spigelian hernia
- Simple Spigelian hernia
- Spigelian hernia
- Uncomplicated epigastric hernia
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 553.29
- Epigastrocele (see also Hernia, epigastric) 553.29
- congenital (see also Hernia, ventral) 553.29
- Hernia, hernial (acquired) (recurrent) 553.9
- epigastric 553.29