2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 553.29
Other ventral hernia without mention of obstruction or gangrene
- Short description: Ventral hernia NEC.
- ICD-9-CM 553.29 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 553.29 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Epigastric hernia
- Irreducible Spigelian hernia
- Simple Spigelian hernia
- Spigelian hernia
- Uncomplicated epigastric hernia
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM K43.9 Ventral hernia without obstruction or gangrene
- 2014 ICD-10-CM K46.9 Unspecified abdominal hernia without obstruction or gangrene
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 553.29
- Epigastrocele (see also Hernia, epigastric) 553.29
- congenital (see also Hernia, ventral) 553.29
- Hernia, hernial (acquired) (recurrent) 553.9
- epigastric 553.29