2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 551.02
Femoral hernia with gangrene, bilateral (not specified as recurrent)
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- Short description: Bilat fem hern w gang.
- ICD-9-CM 551.02 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 551.02 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2014 version of ICD-9-CM 551.02.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 551.02: 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM K41.10 Bilateral femoral hernia, with gangrene, not specified as recurrent
- Bilat femoral hernia w gangrene
- Bilateral femoral hernia with gangrene
- Both sides femoral hernias with gangrene
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 551.02
- Hernia, hernial (acquired) (recurrent) 553.9