2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 530.13
- ICD-9-CM 530.13 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 530.13 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Allergic inflammation of the esophagus. Morphologically, it is characterized by the presence of eosinophils infiltrating the esophageal epithelium. Patients present with swallowing difficulty and heartburn.
- Chronic esophagitis characterized by esophageal mucosal eosinophilia. It is diagnosed when an increase in eosinophils are present over the entire esophagus. The reflux symptoms fail to respond to proton pump inhibitors treatment, unlike in gastroesophageal reflux disease. The symptoms are associated with ige-mediated hypersensitivity to food or inhalant allergens.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM K20.0 Eosinophilic esophagitis
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 530.13
- Esophagitis (alkaline) (chemical) (chronic) (infectional) (necrotic) (peptic) (postoperative) (regurgitant) 530.10
- eosinophilic 530.13