2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 521.5
- ICD-9-CM 521.5 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 521.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- A regressive change of teeth characterized by excessive development of secondary cementum on the tooth surface. It may occur on any part of the root, but the apical two-thirds are most commonly affected. (Dorland, 27th ed)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM K03.4 Hypercementosis
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 521.5
- Hypercementosis 521.5
- Hyperplasia, hyperplastic
- cementation, cementum (teeth) (tooth) 521.5
- dentin 521.5